The Redundant Link Protector is a 10/100 Ethernet fault-tolerant transceiver. It significantly reduces network downtime, adding a new level of redundancy to 10/100 Ethernet connections. It also provides a redundant path for critical 10/100 devices.In a 10/100 Ethernet network, a critical device such as a file server may be connected to the rest of the network through a hub or a switch. A common problem in this configuration is that the server is often connected to the network through a single cable. If the cable fails, then the server is disconnected from the rest of the network. Similarly, if a port of a hub or switch to which the server is connected fails, the server is disconnected from the network. The Redundant Transceiver has three ports- one for the critical (main) device, one for the default (primary) path for the critical device and another (backup) for the backup path. It is a smart device that will not send any signal on a path that is not active. If the primary path loses its link, then the transceiver will immediately (in less than one microsecond) switch to the backup path. When the primary path re-establishes its link, the Redundant link protector will automatically switch back to the primary path. Optional functionality, controlled via a dip switch, allows the unit to move from the fault-tolerant mode to a 3-port switch mode
Fault-tolerant redundant connections
- Fault-tolerant redundant connections
- Easy to install and use
- Supports half and full-duplex transmission
- AutoCross(TM) (on all 3 ports) - Automatically detects and configures the twisted pair port on the converter to the correct MDI or MDI-X configuration
- Auto-negotiation (802.3u) - Allows devices to perform automatic configuration to achieve the best possible mode of operation over a link
- Nine diagnostic LEDs
- Optional 3-port switch mode
Item: Fault-Tolerant Redundant Link Protector
RJ45 Connectors: Type: 8-Position, RJ45 Receptacle: TX+; TX-; RX+; NC (No Connection); NC (No Connection); RX-; NC (No Connection); NC (No Connection)
Dip Switches: Auto-Negotiation Enable/Disable, 10/100 Mbps, Full/Half Duplex, Redundancy/Switch
System LEDs: Power (PWR): Indicates the Presence of Power; Primary (PRI): Indicates a Link is Established on the Primary Port; Backup (BKP): Indicates the Link has Moved Over to the Backup Port
Per Port LEDs: Lower Right: Green Indicates 100 Mbps, Orange Indicates 10 Mbps, Flashing Indicates Activity; Lower Left: Green Indicates Full-Duplex, Off Half-Duplex
Power: Domestic: 120 Volt AC At 60 Hz (Input), 12 Volt DC, 0.5 Amp (Output); International: 100 - 240 V olt AC At 50 Hz (Input), 12 Volt DC, 1.25 Amp (Output)
Environmental Conditions: 0 to 50 deg C (32 to 122 deg F) Operating Temperature; -15 to 65 deg C (-5 to 149 deg F) Storage Temperature; 5 - 95% Relative Humidity; 0 - 10000 ft Altitude
Port One: (3) 10/100BASE-TX (RJ45) [100 m/328 ft]
Dimension: 3.250 Inch Width x 4.800 Inch Depth x 1.000 Inch Height
IEEE Std. 802.3, Wall Mount Power Supply- UL Listed And CSA Certified, Regulatory Compliance- FCC Class A, EN55024, UL 60950, CE Mark
|Port 1 Device Technology||10/100BASE-TX|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-264-9784 to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.