Transition Networks serial RS-232 to fiber media converter allows you to extend the distance between serial connections with the use of fiber optic cable. This full-featured converter transmits the full complement of RS-232 flow control/handshaking si gnals optically and supports full or half-duplex asynchronous data transmission at speeds upto 115 Kbps. The diagnostic features included on this converter make installation easy and intuitive. A DTE/DCE switch eliminates the frustration over selecting the appropriate cable. A loop-back switch allows for complete diagnostic testing prior to system turn-up or during troubleshooting. Unit and Port LEDs allow for quick status information of the converter. In addition to status LEDs and switch settings for local management, these converters can also be managed from remote locations when used in conjunction with a managed Point System(TM) chassis
Link A Remote Terminal To A Host Computer- Connect Multiple Devices, Such As Security Scanners, POS Devices, Remote Terminals And Building Access/Alarming Systems To A Host Computer. Ideal For Campus Or Business Environments Where Remote Devices Can Be Networked In A Point-To-Point Configuration Where Distances Are Greater Than The 3 m Limitation Of Conventional Copper Serial Cables
- Remote management
- Loopback (local or remote on copper and fiber) - this feature puts a converter in a special mode that enables the device to loop back the signal from the RX port to the TX port on either media for testing and troubleshooting purposes
- DTE/DCE switch for easy installation with straight-through cabling
- Full/Half-duplex asynchronous transmission at speeds upto 115 Kbps
- Supports the following flow control signaling- DCD- Data Carrier Detect, RXD- Receive Data, TXD- Transmit Da, DTR- Data Terminal Ready, SG- Signal Ground, DSR- Data Set Ready, RTS- Request To Send, CTS- Clear To Send
Item: Remotely Managed RS232 Media Converter
Single-mode: Min TX PWR: -15.0 dBm, Max TX PWR: -8.0 dBm, RX Sensitivity: -31.0 dBm, Max In PWR: -8.0 dBm, Link Budget: 16.0 dB
Data Rate: 115 kbps
Switches: DTE/DCE: Select Appropriate Position; Loopback: Norm=Normal Operation; Loop=Fiber And Copper Loopback
Status LEDs: PWR: Lit For Normal Operation; RX: Steady=Copper Link; Flashing=Rx Data; FL: Steady=Fiber Link; Flashing=Loop Back Mode
Power Consumption: 5.0 Watt
Power: External AC/DC: 12 Volt DC, 0.5 Amp Minimum
Environmental Conditions: 0 to 50 deg C; 5 - 95% Humidity Non-Condensing; 0 - 10000 ft Altitude
Port One: DB-9 [15 m/49 ft]
Port Two: 1310 nm Single-mode (SC) [20 km/12.4 mi]
Dimension: 3.300 Inch Width x 4.800 Inch Depth x 1.200 Inch Height
EIA/TIA-574, EIA/TIA RS-232E- Wall Mount Power Supply- UL Listed And CSA Certified- Regulatory Compliance: FCC Class A, CISPR/EN55022 Class A, EN55024, EN60950, CE Mark
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.