The SpecSeal Firestop Collar is a factory-manufactured device designed to protect plastic pipes penetrating fire-rated walls and floors. Utilizing a heavy gauge galvanized metal collar to house a molded intumescent insert, the SpecSeal Collar is spec ifically sized to fit 1-1/2", 2", 3", 4", and 6" trade sized pipes.
This product utilizes STI’s patented two-stage intumescent technology, providing a very responsive and highly directionalized expansion. Expansion is extremely fast, providing quick cl osure for burning combustible pipes.
When exposed to temperatures in excess of 250F (121C), the SpecSeal Collar’s molded insert begins to expand (intumesce) rapidly to form a dense, highly insulative char. Its free expansion ranges from 16-24 times original (pre-expanded) volume. Expansion continues up to 1,000F.
- Rapid Expansion: Closes off burning penetrants faster.
- High Volume Char: Expands over 20 times!
- Water-Resistant: No soluble or hygroscopic ingredients.
- Economical: Factory assembly reduces field labor!
- Easy Installation: No guess work.
- Approved for a wide variety of pipes and constructions.