Remote Management with a Stand-Alone Device When used in conjunction with a managed Point System(TM) chassis, this stand-alone unit can be managed remotely. The Remotely Managed T1/E1 copper to fiber media converter will provide a solution for users wh o desire to extend their T1/E1 or PRI circuits over fiber and remotely manage them "in-band" from admin locations
Extend distances over 2 km on multimode connections or over 80 km on single-mode fiber, Provide campus interconnects - With the exception of ethernet, T1/E1 is one of the most common campus/metropolitan area networking interconnects. A copper to fiber conversion on the premise side of the T1/E1 makes it easier to integrate voice traffic, frame relay or IP type traffic on your fiber network, Remote management - Stand-alone can be managed remotely when used with a managed chassis, Extend T1 networks - Extend T1 to other buildings in a campus or MAN from 2 - 80 km for voice or data application
- Remote unit in-band management
- Copper or fiber, local or remote loopbacks in software mode
- Loopback switch facilitates local installation
- Converts the copper ports on T1/E1 devices, such as a PBX or T1/E1 Router, to multimode or single-mode fiber
- Extds distances 2000 m over multimode fiber or 80000 m over single-mode fiber
- Switch selectable RJ48 connectors for T1 or E1
- Jitter attenuators optimize Bit Error Rate (BER) performance
- Network debug procedures make BER testing more convenient
- Built-in oubleshooting with the addition of a selectable TAOS (Transmit All Ones) switch on the fiber and copper interfaces allows the network engineer to test all T1/E1 equipment on that network segment and ensure the network link
- Dry relay contacts enable the media converter to be tied into a separate alarm circuit commonly found in a T1/E1 twisted pair environment. Contacts will be activated on loss of power or loss of fiber link
- An LED provides Alarm Indication Signal (AIS)
- Can be used with fractional T1/E1 circuits
- Report converter status: Copper and fiber link status, hardware switch settings: LBO, AIS copper, AIS fiber, HW/SW, AIS detected copper and fiber, model number, copper and fiber connector
- Remote commands: Loop-back copper and fiber, AIS transmitted on fiber on loss of copper link, AIS transmitted on copper on loss of fiber link
- Extend PRI over fiber
Item: Remotely Managed T1/E1 Network Interface Device
Multimode: Min TX PWR: -19.0 dBm, Max TX PWR: -15.0 dBm, RX Sensitivity: -32.5 dBm, Max In PWR: -14.0 dBm, Link Budget: 13.50 dB
Connectors: E1: (2) 75 Ohm Coax, (1) Duplex or Simplex Fiber Optic; T1/E1: (1) UTP 100/120 Ohm RJ45, (1) Duplex or Simplex Fiber Optic
Switches: Line Build Out For Short Haul/DB in Long Haul, Short Haul Mode: Pos 4 Not Used, Transmit All Ones into Copper on Loss of Fiber Link (Up=Disabled), Transmit All Ones (AIS) into Fiber on Loss of Copper Link (Up=Disabled), Long Haul/Short Haul (Up=Short Haul), T1/E1 Selection (Up=T1)
3-Position Jumper: Hardware: Converter Mode Is Determined By 4-Position Switch Settings; Software: Converter Mode Is Determined By Most Recently S aved On-Board Microprocessor Settings
Status LEDs: PWR: Steady Green LED Indicates Connection to External AC Power; SDC: On Indicates Twisted Pair Link is Up; SDF: On Indicates Fiber Link is Up
Power: External AC/DC Required: 12 Volt DC, 0.5 Amp, Unregulated, Standard
Environmental Conditions: 0 to 50 deg C Operating; 5 - 95% Humidity Non-Condensing; 0 - 10000 ft Altitude
Port One: Twisted Pair (RJ48) [1.5 km/0.9 mi]
Port Two: 1300 nm Multimode (ST) [5 km/3.1 mi]
Dimension: 3.250 Inch Width x 4.80Inch Depth x 1.000 Inch Height
ITU-T, ANSI, ATAndT, ETSI, Wall Mount Power Supply- CSA Certified, Regulatory Compliance- CISPR/EN55022 Class A, FCC Class A, CE Mark
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.