SpecSeal Series SSP Putty is a non-hardening, intumescent compound designed to seal through penetrations as well as certain membrane penetrations against the spread of fire, smoke and toxic gasses. SpecSeal Putty expands up to eight times its original size when exposed to high temperatures or flames.
Requiring no tools, SpecSeal Series SSP Putty is soft and pliable making it easy to install by hand packing into openings. Its aggressive adhesion makes it suitable for use with all common construction materials as well as cable jacketing and pipes. SpecSeal Putty remains soft and easy to reuse or retrofit.
SpecSeal Series SSP Putty Pads provide this same level of protection in a release lined pad for easy application to electrical boxes or other penetrants. The pad is conveniently sized to fit a typical 1-1/2" (38 mm) deep 4S box with no cutting or piecing required. Faced on both sides with a convenient poly liner, SpecSeal Putty Pads are easily applied with no mess or excessive residue.
- Nonhardening for a tough, flexible seal
- Two-stage intumescence provides aggressive expansion
- Endothermic fillers absorb heat and release water
- Highly adhesive, stays put
- Allows movement
- Water-resistant. Unaffected by humidity, condensation and water
- Soft and pliable. Easy to install
- Sound-deadening. Tested and proven acoustical properties
- UL Classified and FM Approved
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-264-9784 to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.