Belden has introduced a new device that combines routing with network security – the Magnum 5RX Security Router – to meet the mid-level needs of the power transmission and distribution industry.
GarrettCom, a Belden Brand, Introduces New Magnum 5RX Fixed Configuration Security Router
Two-in-one solution that delivers ultimate efficiency
and uncompromised performance.
The new Magnum 5RX Security Router offers advanced routing and security capabilities in a single, cost-efficient platform. The support for legacy wide area network (WAN) protocols and serial interface make it a natural migration path for customers moving to next generation, high-performance technologies.
Benefits at a Glance
- Legacy protocol and communication support for both current and legacy networks
- Two-in-one solution offering both routing and security capabilities
- Fixed configuration for cost efficiency
- Fanless design with conventional cooling
- Supports a comprehensive set of routing protocols, such as RIP, OSPF and BGP
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) for improved network redundancy
- GOOSE and GRE tunneling support to facilitate management and network communication between central workstation and multiple remote substations
- Frame relay service over Ethernet with IP over FR (RFC 1490), Serial Over FR, FR Switching, Backup and Shunt functionality over T1/E1/DDS interfaces
- Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) allows network traffic to travel across the internet securely via a virtual point-to-point connection
- Hardened for substations
- IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613 Class 2, NEMA TS-2 and EN50155 compliant
- Operating environment of -40 ̊C to +85 ̊C
- Five-year warranty included
|5RX-L-T1E1||621675||24/48 V DC, 2 x 10/100/1000 Combo, 4 x 10/100/1000 TX, 4 x Serial, 1 x T1E1|
|5RX-H-T1E1||621676||90 – 250 V AC/DC, 2 x 10/100/1000 Combo, 4 x 10/100/1000 TX, 4 x Serial, 1 x T1E1
|5RX-L-DDS||621677||24/48 V DC, 2 x 10/100/1000 Combo, 4 x 10/100/1000 TX, 4 x Serial, 1 x DDS
|5RX-H-DDS||621678||90 – 250 V AC/DC, 2 x 10/100/1000 Combo,
4 x 10/100/1000 TX, 4 x Serial, 1 x DDS