3M(TM) Cold Shrink QT-III Termination Kit 7622-T-110, Non-Skirted, 0.64-1.08 in (16,3-27,4 mm) Cable Insulation O.D.
3M(TM) Cold Shrink QT-III terminations offer easy installation and reliable performance when terminating indoor and outdoor medium volt age cable. The unique step-core design combined with the built in Hi-K stress control and silicone sealing compounds means simpler installation on all types of cable. It has UV stability and track and erosion resistance. Plus its Hi-K stress control de sign delivers excellent BIL performance and lower surface stress resulting in a more compact termination. Through superior engineering, 3M(TM) Cold Shrink QT-III terminations deliver maximum performance.
Conductor Size Range for
5 kV: 4/0 AWG-400 kcmil
8 kV: 3/0 AWG-300 kcmil
15 kV: 2-4/0 AWG
- Conforms to the IEEE Standard 48-1990 Class 1 requirements for 5, 8.7, 15 25/28 and 35 kV terminations
- One-piece versatile design, allowing quick installation and accommodating a wide range of cable sizes
- Cold Shrink delivery system for easy installation: simply place termination over prepared cable and unwind core to shrink into place (no force fit required).
- Hi-K stress control: specially formulated high dielectric constant material minimizes surfaces stress by more uniformly distributing the electrical field over the entire surface of the insulator
- Compact design provides for easier installation in restricted spaces
- Silicone rubber insulators, EPDM stress control tubes, stress controlling compound and silicone sealing compound are compatible with all common solid dielectric insulations, such as polyethylene (PE), cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) and ethylene propylene rubber (EPR)
5, 8.7, 15 and 25/28 and 35 kV voltage classes
Tape shielded, wire shielded and UniShield cables
Solid dielectric insulations, such as polyethylene, XLP and EPR
Contaminated and non-contaminated indoor (weather-protected) locations
Free-hanging or bracket-mounting arrangements
Upright or inverted installations
Switchgear, transformer, motor lead, bus and similar connections.
These terminations can be filed-tested by using normal cable testing procedures (reference: ANSI/IEEE Standard 400 "Guide for Making High-Direct-Voltage Tests on Power Cable systems in the Field").
- Agency Approvals: IEEE
- Breakout Boot: No
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range (metric): 16.3-27.4 mm
- China RoHS - Below MCV: Undetermined
- Conductor Sizes: 1 AWG, 1/0 AWG, 2 AWG, 2/0 AWG, 250 kcmil, 3/0 AWG, 300 kcmil, 350 kcmil, 4/0 AWG, 400 kcmil
- Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor
- Installed Length (metric): 33.02 cm
- Insulation Rejacketing: No
- Product Family: QT-III
- Shielding Type: Tape, Wire, Unishield
- Voltage: 15 kV, 5 kV, 8.7 kV
- BIL: 110 kV
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 0.64-1.08 in
- Cable Type: Compact/Solid, Stranded
- Conductor Size Unit: AWG, kcmil
- EU RoHS Compliant: Undetermined
- Installed Length: 13.00 in
- Insulation Level: 100%, 133%
- Number of Skirts: 0
- Product Series: 7620-T-110
- Termination Type: Single Termination