The IE-iMcV-2xLIM, TX/SFP is a Fast Ethernet module which provides two conversions of 100Base-TX twisted pair to 100BaseFX/SX single-mode or multimode fiber. There are two sets of ports, RJ45 (copper) and SFP (fiber). The SFP port supports all MSA and Cisco compliant, SC, LC and single-fiber 155 Mbps SFPs. Designed as a Layer 1 device, the IE-iMcV-2xLIM is entirely transparent to both Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols. The IE-iMcV2xLIM is SNMP-manageable and can be installed into the modular, SNMP-manag eable iMediaChassis or the MediaChassis series.
- Functions as two independent copper to fiber media converters, thus doubling port density in the iMediaChassis and MediaChassis product lines
- Low latency reduces issues with latency-sensitive applications (e.g., client server, VoIP, video, etc.)
- Interchangeable SFP modules allow for multiple fiber type conversion options (single-mode, multimode, long haul, short haul, etc.)
- Extended operating temperatures
- SNMP v1 and V2c compatible
- 100 Mbps SFPs and 2xLIM modules are hot-swappable; no need to power-down chassis when upgrading or troubleshooting a single module
- Compatible with Digital Diagnostics Monitoring Interface (DDMI) on select SFPs