The OBR40 optical bypass relay enables you to protect Ethernet fiber-optic networks against power outages at one or more switches. It comes with two duplex inputs and outputs that are available for three different types of fiber (multimode 62.5/125 um, multimode 50/125 um and single-mode 9/125 um). It is also possible to use a control contact to trigger the function at will.
- Ethernet fiber-optic networks remain functional in spite of power failures at one or more switches
- Switchover threshold for the supply voltage monitor can be adjusted between 10 V and 60 V
- The bypass function is activated even if the OBR40 itself has no power
- A control contact can be used to trigger the bypass function at will
- Stepwise adjustable delay guarantees smooth reactivation of switches
- Flexible in use, thanks to connections for different types of fiber (multimode 62.5/125 µm, multimode 50/125 um, single-mode 9/125 um)
- Protection rating IP30
- Potential-free signal contact
- Extended operating temperature range from -40C to +70C
- Redundant 24 V DC power supply
- LED displays for network status and power supply
- Ideally suitable for all Industrial Ethernet switches from Hirschmann(TM)
The advantages of this optical bypass relay are especially valuable for applications in which parts of the system can operate autonomously. This data-transparent optical bypass relay protects applications against multiple failures and is suitable for any data protocols and rates.