The Sentry CW-16HF2/E Fail-Safe TM provides fail-over redundancy to single or dual-power supply servers and network devices. Exclusive to the Sentry Switched Fail-Safe is its ability to carry loads on the A circuit, B circuit or both and to remotely manage the outlets. Similar, but unlike a common automatic transfer switch, the Sentry Switched Fail-Safe unit is unique in that it contains two (2) in-feeds and two (2) banks of eight (8) outlets each, for a total of 16 outlets across the two circuits. The "A" in-feed routinely powers just the A1-8 outlets, and the "B" in-feed routinely powers just the B1-8 outlets. However, if the "A" in-feed goes down, the "B" in-feed powers all 16 outlets and the same if the "B" in-feed goes down, the "A" infeed powers all the outlets.. This new "Fail-Safe" method has several advantages compared to a standard ATS because it does not prohibit load balancing between the two supplied circuits. A standard ATS contains two-in-feeds, but runs all outlets from just one source, with the secondary source only being used once an outage occurs on the capacity. This results in less heat, less resistance, and consequently less of a voltage drop compared to the same load existing on just one source. Only when an outage occurs on one of the two sources will the entire load be applied to a single source. NOTE - This transfer switch requires that the applied AC waveform from both power sources be in-phase with respect to each other.
- Communications: 10/100 BaseT Ethernet: HTTP/HTTPS; SSLv3/TLSv1; SNMPv2; SSHv2; Telnet; LDAPv3/LDAPS; TACACS+; RS-232 (Serial)
- Branch Circuit Protection: Compliant to UL 60905-1
- Accessories: Temperature & Humidity Probe - EMTH-1-1 Temperature & Humidity Probe, 10 ft (3 m) - EMCU-1-1B add 2 additional Temperature & Humidity ports, 4 contact-closure monitoring ports and 1 water sensor port - EMWS-1-1 Water Sensor
- Remote Power Control - Individual or group outlet remote power control to cycle power and reboot any selected server(s) or other network device(s). Use TCP/IP (HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Telnet, SNMP) or RS-232 to communicate with each Sentry Cabinet PDU and rectify locked-up network devices. Assign outlets to a group for control of dual-power supply servers and other gear with a single command. Create an unlimited number of groups with any combination of outlets associated to each group. Reduce Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) a failing server by controlling individual power outlet receptacles to reboot any selected server or other device.
- HTTP/HTTPs Web Configuration & Control - Use the Sentry Web interface to configure each unit, including network settings, outlet naming & grouping, SNMP traps for environmental & power thresholds and firmware updates. Also use the Web interface to control individual or group outlets and monitor key values, including amperage load(s), temperature/humidity and other environmental conditions. SSL security provides a secure HTTPs connection. Environmental monitoring is applicable only with the additional purchase of the EMTH-1-1 or EMCU-1-1.
- SNMP Management & Event Notification - The Sentry family of products supports the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). This allows network management systems to use SNMP requests to retrieve information and control power for the individual outlets. The Sentry includes an SNMP v1 agent supporting standard MIB I and MIB II objects. A private enterprise MIB extension (Sentry3 MIB) is also supported to provide remote power control. SNMP traps can be generated for various events, including Input Current Load Thresholds (min & max), Temperature Thresholds (min & max), Humidity Thresholds (min & max), water indication, closed contacts (cabinet doors open/close), as well as notification of any time an outlet status is changed (on/off). SNMP traps for temperature and environmental conditions require additional purchase of the EMTH -1-1 or EMCU-1-1 accessory.
- Add a Second Tower - Connect an Expansion Cabinet PDU to any Switched Cabi
- Outlets: (16) IEC 60320/C13
- Available InputVoltages: 208-240V 50/60 Hz
- Rated Amperage: 30A
- Available Input Cord: (2) NEMA L6-30P Plugs, 10'(3m) Cord
- Dimensions(L x W x D): 17.2 x 3.50 x 10.0 in.(437 x 89 x 254 mm)
cTUVus UL 60950-1-2003
CAN/CSA 22.2 No. 60950-1:2003
TUVGS EN 60950-1:2001
FCC Class A, Part 15
EMC-EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024