Hazardous Location Breather Drains prevent moisture build-up within hazardous approved enclosures while maintaining enclosure UL Type rating. Drains are to be used when an enclosure is subject to fluctuations in temperature which can lead to the format ion of condensation and a subsequent moisture build-up. These drains allow air within an enclosure to breathe with the surrounding atmosphere, preventing condensation and any potential damage to electrical equipment.
- Reduce corrosion that can limit the life of internal electrical and electronic components
- Prevent condensation when installations are subject to fluctuations in temperature in hazardous locations
- Effectively drain any water present within the enclosure
- Minimize moisture build-up within the enclosure by allowing air in the enclosure to breathe with surrounding atmosphere
- Position at the lowest point of an enclosure to ensure optimal draining of any moisture
- Maintain enclosure's UL Type rating when poperly installed
- Available for Increased Safety (Ex e) and Flameproof (Ex d) applications