The ComNet(TM) FDX72SHR series Self-Healing Ring Transceiver unit is a fully-digital modem designed for implementing RS232, RS422 or RS485 2 or 4-wire data communications networks of the highest possible reliability. A network of FDX72SHR units can support one full-duplex or two half-duplex data channels. These transceivers also feature data translation to convert between data protocols. Data re-clocking and regeneration permit an almost unlimited number of transceiver/controller units to be used within the network. These environmentally hardened transceivers are ideal for use in unconditioned out-of-plant or roadside installations and, unlike many competing designs, only one optical fiber is required between units to implement a fully self-healing ring. Bi-color (Red/Green) LED indicators are provided for rapidly ascertaining equipment operating status, including the location of fiber breaks. Packaged in the exclusive ComNet ComFit housing, these units may be either shelf or rack-mounted, or may be DIN-Rail mounted by the addition of ComNet model DINBKT1 adaptor plate. Plug-and-play design ensures ease of installation, and no electrical or optical adjustments are ever required.
Must be a reseller to purchase this product.
- Meets EIA RS 232 and RS 422/RS 485 (2 or 4-wire)specifications (Simplex or Duplex Operation)
- Two Data Channel Capability: One full duplex or two half duplex channels
- Only one optical fiber required between units for Fault Tolerant/Self-Healing Ring Operation
- Full data re-clocking and regeneration: no limit to the number of transceiver units used within the network
- Supports supervised multiple master architecture for unparalleled network reliability
- Remote Fault Indication allows the user to determine when a fiber break or loss of prime operating power has occurred, or a transceiver in the field has failed
- LED status indicators provide rapid indication of all critical operating parameters, including the location of fiber breaks or failed transceivers
- May be used to provide serial data protocol conversion between nodes (consult factory)
- Fully compliant with the environmental requirements (ambient operating temperature, mechanical shock, vibration, humidity with condensation, high-line/low-line voltage conditions and transient voltage protection) of NEMA
- TS-1/TS -2 and the Caltrans Specification for Traffic Signal Control Equipment
- Voltage transient protection on all power and signal input/output lines provides protection from power surges and other voltage transient events.
- Interchangeable between stand-alone or rack mount - ComFit package
- Lifetime Warranty